AWSA National Team
This team is selected by the national Junior Development committee and is typically announced in May each season. It is a 12 member team comprised of the top skiers from all regions of the US. Each member is awarded a stipend of $200 to be used for training or travel to elite events. As men tioned above, these skiers are not eligible to represent their region on the Regional All Star Team. The selection process is currently under review for 2020.
National Junior Development Team
This team is selected by the national Junior Development committee and is typically announced in May each season. It is a 24 member team comprised of skiers from all regions of the US. Each mem ber is awarded a stipend of $125 to be used for training or travel to elite events. The process is currently under review for 2020.
SCR All Star Team (7 members)
The team will consist of six members and one alternate. The team’s combined performance at the National Tournament will be compared to the teams from the other regions.
To be eligible, an athlete must:
Be a U.S. citizen
Be a member of USA Water Ski and in good standing
Be a current skier in Boys 2, Boys 3, Girls 2, or Girls 3
Be committed to attending and skiing in the Nationals
The skiers NOPS points will be used for the selection process. Skiers will be chosen based on their regional seeding* as 60% and their regional performances as 40 percent. The strongest three-event athletes will be chosen first, followed by two event athletes and then single event athletes. Each team will be comprised of Boys and Girls 2 and 3. Each of the four divisions will be represented on the team, with gender distribution at either 3/3 or 4/2. Members of the 12 member team National Junior Team and members of the any other national or international teams are not eligible. Members of the 24 member Junior Development Team are eligible.
SCR Select Team (20 members)
Twenty juniors from the South Central Region will be recognized for their commitment and achievement during the season. Those selected will be eligible to participate in a one week ski camp the following June. The makeup of the team will be:
(10) juniors (current year ski age 11 and under)
(10) juniors (current year ski age 12 and over) Juniors who meet the criteria but will age into the Men’s 1/ Women’s 1 division after Nationals will be recognized but not eligible to attend ski camp. (They will not count as one of the 10).
1. The skier will be a current junior skier, who resides in the South Central region.
2. The skier must attend the current year’s JD tournament and Regionals (injuries will be handled on a
case by case basis)
The average of the Overall NOPS* scores of the top two skiers in each division will serve as the standard for each division. Each skier will be assigned an adjusted score that is the difference of their score and their division’s average.
Skier A (the top place Overall NOPS skier) has a NOPS score of 2200.
Skier B (the second place Overall NOPS skier) has a NOPS score of 2030.
Skier C (the third highest NOPS skier) has an Overall NOPS score of 1980.
The top two scores are averaged together for a division average of 2115 (all skiers are now adjusted from that average).
Skier A’s adjusted score becomes +85
Skier B’s adjusted score becomes -85
Skier C’s adjusted score becomes -135
This process continues for all skiers in each division and provides a way to compare scores across divisions and genders which is not possible using straight NOPS numbers.
1. The top two eligible skiers from each division are automatically selected to the team.
2. The remaining spots will be filled according to the adjusted score list until all ten spots are full for each team (under 12 team and 12+ team)
3. If a selected skier is unable to attend camp the following year, the next eligible skier who fits the criteria and age requirement for the open spot will be notified.
4. If there are not 20 skiers that meet the eligibility criteria, the selection committee reserves the right to fill the spots at their discretion.
Team member’s responsibilities:
must commit to camp/decline camp attendance by mid February
will be responsible for a $175 camp registration fee due by April 1
will be responsible for selling 10 SCR JD raffle tickets
must agree to the specified camp’s code of conduct
*Note- the Overall NOPS score used will be the skier’s score as of the Wednesday before the Regional Tour- nament. A skier’s NOPS score can be found at the Ranking List tab. To view NOPS, hover over a skier’s ranking score. If a skier does not have an overall NOPS score because they only ski one or two events, then the overall score will be the sum of NOPs points for each event they ski.